Adventures through pregnancy and parenthood

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Group Exercise

The weather has been in the low 90s more than usual this summer, and in Virginia that means it is niiiiiiiiiiiice.  I've been trying to get outside to run with the baby often, and the dogs have made it clear that they don't appreciate being left behind.

Taking pity upon them I decided to bring them along.  I think the story is best told in pictures, so I have taken the liberty of making a photographic recreation for your viewing pleasure.


Oh boy, it's a lovely day, I think I'll go for a run.  Let me get out the stroller. 

Can we come too?

 Ok, the dogs can come.  Let me get all situated....

And they push past me to run out the front door as I'm taking the baby out to the stroller.

Stop.  Wait.  Come back.

Immediately they began  sprinting around our "front yard," ready to accost any living creature in sight.  Our dogs do not listen to me whatsoever, so I lured them by telling them we were going to go bye-bye on a car ride.


Riley thinks his role is pressing the gas pedal

Falls for it every time


Before I know it I'm running with two dogs and a jogging stroller . . .


It was rough at first.....this one had the poop, the other one had to pee.  Then this one had to poop some more.  Eventually we fell into our stride.  But then Riley got tired.


Riley rode like this a mile and a half.  I am not joking.

So how is your summer going?

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your blog, you crack me up! Keep the entries coming, I seriously think you could a mommy column in a paper or something! Thanks for sharing all your stories.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...