So, you all know I've **temporarily** given up my teaching career for the SAHM gig.
P.S. You'll probably hear more about this in later posts because I'm feeling sorta weird about it as it's back-to-school time, except I'm not going back-to-school and it's REALLY REALLY weird....but I digress....
Ok, back to so.....So, I'm home with Bitty all day, all the time, and I'm considering it my new career to enrich and stimulate and facilitate and scaffold and all those words that mean I'm trying to be the best mom possible. Ever.
This means that I spend most of my waking hours researching, thinking about, prepping for, and *implementing* (I star* this because it seems way too official for a SAHM, but whatever, I'm obsessive and crazy and you should know that by now).
Like, for example, I have been reading a lot ways to best support and encourage infants` and toddlers` play, (which again you'll hear more about in later posts). I mean, my B.S. specialization (I mean Bachelor of Science, not the other thing, you jerks), is in Early Childhood Development, so I should know this stuff, right?
Except I've been teaching sixtoseven year olds the past seven years. I have no embarrassment admitting that I need to brush up on a few things when it comes to the under-two age range. My excuse is that even Issac Newton was known to be somewhat forgetful. So I've been reading up on the 0-2 info lately. Lots.
Bitty is a very socially-tuned little baby. She is always more interested in interpersonal interactions than toys, and will spend much energy and many minutes trying to get a person's attention than she will spend trying to figure out a toy. This means that a significant portion of my day is one-on-one time with Bitty.
Considering all of this research and energy and time that I'm devoting to my daughter, you might assume that she would think that the sun rises and set around me. Despite my efforts to be the best mother in the entire world, I'm pretty sure Bitty is not appreciative.
I'm convinced because of the level of enthusiasm and delightment she has when daddy walks in the door.
| OmigodOmigod DADDY'S HOME!!!! |
I may have spent my day encouraging repetitive play, stacking blocks, singing songs, doing sign language, counting links, reading books, gabbing my mouth off with vocabulary, DEAR GOD EVERYTHING YOU CAN IMAGINE, but when daddy walks in the door after work?
Suddenly, it's as if she's seen Justin Timberlake.
![]() |
| holy crap jesus god he's hot |
I love the fact that she loves her Daddy. It's so sweet that she's a daddy's girl.
I'm the one who thinks of her and plans for her every moment of every day, but when daddy gets home, I'm chopped liver. I'm jealous, you guys. I am devoting the entirety of my life to her well being, but she loves daddy most??? Are you kidding me?
Secretly, this has been eating away at me like an ebola virus. That is, until today.
I left for my weekend long run before Bitty woke up. I had a good run today, but was best was when I returned home. Bitty was, of course by this time, awake. When she saw me? ELATION!!!! SQUEALS!!! GIGGLES!!!!
MOMMY'S HOME!!
That felt good.





No comments:
Post a Comment