Well we survived The Great Hurricane unscathed; no flooded basement, no wind damage, and we didn't even have our electric power flicker a moment. But that certainly didn't stop me from making short work of my hurricane snacks and booze.
I usually don't buy Nutella because it's sort of like crack in a jar for me...one hit and I'm addicted. I just get out a spoon and go to town. This afternoon as I was gobbling up one spoonful after the other, I started to wonder if they really do put crack in the jar. I turned the label around to look at the ingredients list and saw this:
Hmmm. An example of a tasty balanced breakfast, eh? Now I was really curious about the ingredients.
The first two ingredients are sugar and palm oil. Balanced breakfast indeed. But at least there isn't any crack in it.
My spoon was scraping the bottom when there was a knock at the door. One of the neighbor kids was on the porch with her mom and sister, delivering a couple of cupcakes--today is her birthday. I chatted with the mom and the girls for a few minutes before wishing her a happy birthday and closing the door. Bitty starting crying, awakened from her nap, and as I went upstairs to get her I caught a glimpse of myself in the hallway mirror. I had chocolate all over my face. Nutella, to be precise.
I threw the rest of the jar in the trash. Addict is not a good look for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment