Adventures through pregnancy and parenthood

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

A Little Jazz Makes the World Go Round

Have you read in your baby books and websites to try adding herbs and spices to baby food?  You definitely should do this.  As it turns out Bitty, is a **picky** eater.  Ok, so actually, she hates almost everything the first twelve times I offer it to her, with the exception of apples and pears.  But she can't exist on apples and pears.

I'm persistent because I don't want her to end up like her father, who's culinary dream world would consist of chicken tenders and french fries.  I, on the other hand, eat almost anything, which actually is sort of a problem because I eat EVERYTHING IN SIGHT.

I have discovered, that lo and behold, adding some herbs or spice to Bitty's food makes her eat it!!!!!!   Hallelujah, it's a miracle!!!!!   Here are some of her favorite early combos:

  • green beans with garlic and thyme
  • broccoli with garlic
  • carrots with apples and cinnamon
  • butternut squash with apples and cinnamon
  • chicken with lemon and rosemary
  • pumpkin with yogurt, oatmeal, and pumpkin pie spice (ginger, allspice, nutmeg, cinnamon)
  • black beans with cilantro
I make most of Bitty's food at home.  This very particular little one rarely likes single-ingredient foods, and I look to the commercially-produced baby foods ideas.  Bitty especially likes the Plum Organicsand Ella's Kitchenbrands, and I'm sure it's no coincidence that these are the most expensive baby foods on the shelves.  I try to reproduce these combos at home.  Spinach, peas, and pears is a favorite and so is Turkey with Veggies.  I buy these brands when traveling or for when we eat out-and-about.

Does your wee one have any other favorites?  Please comment and share with me, because it is a daily battle to get Bitty to eat solids around here.

I hope that your baby is easier on you when it comes to eating that Bitty is on me.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...