Well, as you know, I've returned to work. I am about two weeks in and still hate it. I feel so detached from my baby and it makes me sad that I spend such little time with her during the week. But, I have gained a new appreciation for working parents because it is pretty insane trying to balance everything. For me anyway. Or maybe I'm just insane; the jury is still out.
To make matters worse, the custodian has walked in on me pumping twice. Intentionally. Maybe we have a little bit of a cultural conflict, but in my world, pumping is for private.
The first time, she knocked on my classroom door, and I called out, "I'm pumping! Be done pretty soon!" So what would that mean to you? Come back later, right?
She did come back later...three minutes later...unlocked my door, propped it open, and proceeded to empty the trash cans and sweep the floors. All while I am sitting there, boobs out and giving anyone in the vicinity quite an eyeful. I sat stunned for a few moments, not sure where I had gone wrong. I had the door locked! I had the window covered! I issued fair warning! Then I heard the sound of children's voices coming down the hallway. After school tutorial.
"Can you at least close the door? I hear kids coming and I don't want them to see this!"
Thankfully, she did close the door. And finished sweeping the floor. Really? Finally she exited, leaving me in peace.
The next day, I put my trash can outside of the door, thinking that would be enough of a hint . . .don't come in here. I heard the custodian empty the can and walk away. Phew, I thought. Ten minutes later, I also heard the sound of a key unlocking the door, and sure enough, it was time to sweep the floors. This time I had to be direct and requested that she return when I was finished.
I haven't had any incidents other than those two, thank goodness. But I am still getting a deadbolt. And chain lock. And maybe even a Doberman.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




This may be your 1st post on this blog where I am not sitting here thinking, "Tiffany is crazy, nuts, hilarious, etc." I am sitting here in shock that you have had to deal with this. How crazy. Maybe you should make a gigantic sign and put it on the door. Or maybe you should find out what time she goes to the bathroom and walk into her stall with your breast pump and see how she feels about it.
ReplyDeleteOh my lordy!!! Unfortuately, I could totally see this happening, and surprised it hasn't happened again since (although it has only been a couple days!). I think you need to post a sign that says, STAY OUT!!!!
ReplyDelete