Adventures through pregnancy and parenthood

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, March 25, 2011

I Am In Over My Head

Tomorrow I am running in the national half marathon relay with two other friends from work.  Two of us run five miles and one person runs three.  I'm running the middle leg, which happens to be five miles mostly uphill.  I am so not ready.  For example, today I ran 2.5 miles and stopped to walk twice.

Back when I agreed to do this, I was having fairly decent workouts and running between 4-5 miles three or four times a week.  And then I went back to dumb work and any shadow of an exercise routine went to hell due to (a) no time and (b) no energy.  I can either run obscenely early or run ridiculously late (meaning 8:00 which is late when you're waking up at 4:00 AM).

Anyway, I am pretty worried that I am going to get scooped up in the little go-cart that collects the slowpokes who can't keep the minimum course pace.  I ran a PR at this half marathon last year.  Wow do things change.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...