As many of you know, I am a self-professed, elitist, know-it-all. I have an opinion on everything.
But, even a smarty-pants like me can admit error (it's not so bad, it hardly EVER happens...).
For example, I used to wonder what the he*^ was wrong with mothers when they complained that they hadn't even had the time to get dressed for the day. Mothers who allegedly didn't have time to eat, or even brush their teeth. How pathetic! How can you not even brush your teeth!
I will eat my words on that one. Many has been the day that I find that it is 6:00 PM and I am still in my pajamas, with stanky, non-brushed teeth and hair a knotted, psychotic mess. On one day, I even realized that at 3:30, I hadn't eaten since 11:00 the previous day. And hadn't even noticed before that point.
In my baby books I read about co-sleeping. Oh, I will NEVER do that, I thought. That sounds dangerous, and I'm certainly not going to encourage bad sleep habits. Besides, I like my space when I sleep. No touching.
Admittedly, I find myself bringing Bitty into bed with us, at least in the morning hours when I want just one more hour of sleep. It keeps her content, and quiet. And, I just like snuggling with her. Her little baby face, resting on the pillow, and pressed up against mine--it's bliss. She can barely move, and is definitely not rolling over anytime soon, so I don't have that "uh oh, not safe!" feeling. And so, I will continue to enjoy our sleepy moments while I can.
I think I've learned another lesson of parenthood . . . never say never, because you may find yourself doing just what you swore you never would.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Awww, I bet co-sleeping is amazing! and I am very envious :)
ReplyDelete