Adventures through pregnancy and parenthood

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Dogs For Sale

Two dogs for sale, they will go to the highest bidder.

Riley and Lucy bark all the time and I'm sick of it.  These dogs insist on pure silence in the neighborhood.  They bark when they hear a car.  They bark when they hear a person.  They bark when they hear stuff that I certainly can't hear. 

It's crazed, vicious, rabid barking. 

What's that?  A door closed?  Better bark like we're going to tear someone limb from limb.   

Bitty isn't phased as long as she and the dogs aren't in the same room.  But, since the mutts follow me around like they have me on a leash, that doesn't actually happen all too often.

I tried to train them with treats.  No success.  I try to redirect them.  I yell at them.  I spray them with water.  It's all in vain.

I decided today that when if Bitty is napping, they were going to get locked up in the bedroom.  I can't handle them waking this insomniac child once more.

This should not be too dreadfully punishing; if the dogs aren't following me around, they frequently go on up on their own accord for a nap of their own.  In addition, we all sleep in there.  Riley, Lucy, and Marley sleep in bed with Mark and me, and Sophie in her Pack N Play.  The irony that our pets consume half the space in our bed each night while our first born child is soon to be banished to the crib in her nursery is not lost on me.

Yet, still, they hate being shut in there.  But that's what they deserve when they insist on psychotic barking for most of the day. 

During Bitty's nap today, the dogs were in the bedroom maybe forty-five minutes when I made my way up there with the vacuum.  This is what I found.


A school bag had been hanging on the doorknob since November 22nd.


Riley, at least, has a conscience.  He immediately hid under the bed as soon as I opened the door.

GUILTY

Lucy, however, lacks all morality.

No remorse

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...