Adventures through pregnancy and parenthood

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Resolutions

I usually don't make New Year's resolutions, but this year, I am desperately in need of the old classic, the standby. . . I need to get into shape and lose the baby lbs.  MILF training, as I like to call it.  Plus, my sister, Jessica, is getting married in Cozumel in June, and right now, all this is not a pretty sight in a bikini.

About four weeks after having Bitty, I felt pretty good , so I thought that I would start a little before the new year and see just how out of shape I am.  My first run was 3 miles, and took me fifty minutes.  Yes, that's right...5-0.  I think most people can probably walk faster than that pace.  And worse, I could barely move the next two days.  I've got my work cut out for me.

The good thing about having the physical fitness of a three-toed sloth is that improvement happens fast.  Within a few workouts, I ran five miles of intervals!  And then...I did nothing for the next seven days.

I am in need of some more intense motivation.  Today I registered for a half-marathon in Frederick on Mother's Day weekend.  That leaves me four months to work up to 13 miles.  It's not going to be pretty, I am just hoping to haul my butt across the finish line.

But, I know I need more than an impending race for a kick in the a**.  It would be too easy to just, say, not go.  Which is why I am proclaiming it right here in writing for all the world to see, and I added the daily mile tracker widget on the side bar.  Now everybody knows it.  I'm going to have to do this just to save face.

And just one more piece of motivation--I saw someone else do this on their blog and I'm going to copy the idea.  I figure that if I list my past race times, it will be a good reminder of the climb back to pre-pregnancy fitness.

So there it is, my 2011 mission statement.  We'll see how it goes...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...