Adventures through pregnancy and parenthood

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

More Than I Bargained For

I have reached a major nesting phase.  Truthfully, I have been nesting for about six months, but the past four days have reached new levels.  I've decided that I want everything prepped and completely ready for Bebe, and I want it done NOW. 

Mark has gone to Las Vegas for a work conference for five days.  That's a good thing, because I would surely be driving him crazy with my OCD.  This weekend I began a cleaning and organizing frenzy.  I crawled around on my hands and knees to wipe down baseboards.  I emptied and reorganized closets.  I single-handedly put together the swing, bouncer, and pack-n-play.  And I'm not done yet.  I still have a almost a dozen moderate-to-large sized projects on my to-do list. 

I also must immediately aquire all of the remaining necessary items before Bitty is born.  For example, a video monitor.  I need this before the baby arrives so that I am not compelled to hover over her every moment as she sleeps to make sure she is breathing. 

Luckily for me, monitors were on sale on the Babies R Us website this weekend--perfect timing for my crazed nesting-spree.  AND, they had another deal going on--a free gift if you spent a particular sum (which the monitor exceeded).  I love free things.  I picked out my gift and selected it for my shopping cart.

But, when I went to the check-out screen, my free gift wasn't coming up free at all!  In fact, it was costing me $12.00!  I searched the website for a promotional code that I had missed, but alas, there was none.

I found the customer service 1-800 number and dialed, perplexed and more than a bit irritated.  I have very little patience when things don't work as they should.  After a few rings, my call was answered by a woman. . . a woman with a sultry voice, dripping with dirty naughtiness, crooning something about wanting me to be in her bed.  I had dialed a phone sex hotline!  How did this happen!?!?  I quickly hung up and searched my computer screen---the Babies R Us customer service line is 1-888, NOT 1-800!!!!

On the bright side, at least it wasn't my husband attempting to dial customer service--otherwise, who knows how high our phone bill would be next month.  On the dark side, it's too bad it wasn't a male phone sex hotline.  That could have been a blessing in disguise.

P.S.  I did not get my free gift--as it turns out, I wasn't able to use TWO promotions in the same transaction.  Sneaky, sneaky, BRU

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...