I've been seeing a neonatologist, which is basically a baby specialist, about every two to three weeks since the end of my first trimester. Women who have or are at risk of having a high-risk or complicated pregnancy may be referred to one of these specialists. For example, women carrying multiples usually see one of these doctors. TMI ALERT! THE FOLLOWING SENTENCE MAY BE TMI FOR SOME READERS!
In my own case, I'm being monitored to make sure that my cervix does not shorten prematurely, which could cause stillbirth or premature labor. The good news for me is that everything is going great and normal and without a problem.
I am always a little amused when I am scheduling my next appointment, though. The receptionist always asks..."Single or Double?" I feel like I'm at the ice cream parlor ordering a cone. One day, I thought I'd make a joke of this and said, "Single, with sprinkles, please." She didn't get it. Fail.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment