Adventures through pregnancy and parenthood

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Still Mindless

I've done it again. Another wardrobe malfunction.

Today was hot. Ninety degree stagnant DC weather. I thought a cottony white dress would be a smart thing to wear to work today. About half way through my commute to work, I realized: I forgot to change my underwear this morning. And they are bright orange.

I glanced down, maybe no one will be able to tell. Oh, but you could...it was as obvious as trying to hide an elephant beneath a Kleenex.

Time to problem solve. No time to stop at Wal-Mart, but maybe CVS sold underwear. I had about 15 minutes before I had to be at work, so this would have to be quick. I searched up and down the aisles to no avail. Oh Lord, can I go bare bottom today? Ew, there had to be something. I stopped briefly to consider the Depends...they're white, right? No, no, I just can't go there.

I made a final plea to the sales clerk. They are in aisle four, near the hosiery, she answered. But I had looked there! Making a second sweep through the aisle, there I found them, two lonely little hooks of undergarments, hidden at the bottom of the rack in a sea of L'eggs. I had two types to choose from: High-Waisted and Full Coverage Briefs (read: Granny panties and Great Granny panties).

I went with the plain old Granny variety, and I have to tell you, they were quite comfortable. Today's lessons: Beware of White Dresses and Don't Underestimate Granny Panties.

2 comments:

  1. Freaking hilarious! I can't wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!!! I hate when that happens!! If only we had a job with sitting in a chair and minimal moving you might have been able to pull it off!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...