I am obsessed with ice cream.
I have always been a lover of the delectable, creamy, sweet treat, but during my pregnancy mere enjoyment has turned into a fiending addiction.
Last week, Mark came home from work and wanted to know what the deal was with the three containers of Edy's that appeared in the freezer. For my milkshakes, of course. Baby needs calcium, right? He just doesn't understand.
Today, I made homemade ice cream for the first time. Fresh mint. It was heavenly. The revelation that I can make my own ice cream...whatever kind I want...in as little as an hour...has my heart pumping with excitement and my mind racing with the possibilities. I can make strawberry basil on a hot summer day. Or minty lime when I'm craving a mojito. Salted caramel, lemon rosemary, cherry cheesecake, fudgy marshmallow brownie...
I need a twelve-step program.
Monday, May 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment