Adventures through pregnancy and parenthood

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 14, 2010

You Know You're Exhausted When...

This weekend has been one of personal grooming for me.  I figured that soon enough, it will be hard to fit these things in.  I got my brows waxed, toenails done, and hair did. 

I had trouble sleeping this week.  First of all, I'm getting heartburn, for the first time ever in my life, so I wasn't used to dealing with that.  And, I just keep waking up at an ungodly hour of the morning--usually between 4:00-4:30.  And I'm up.  There are no half-awake, half-asleep states;  no drifting back to sleep.  I'm up. 

Apparently, this is all catching up with me.  At my eyebrow appointment, I actually fell asleep on the bed or cot or whatever you call it.  Passed out, dead asleep as the aesthetician was waxing and plucking, ripping the hairs out from their roots.  Not exactly what you would call a relaxing experience.  The lights are turned on brightly, the appointments are short, so it's not as if I was lying there for very long, and obviously there are the associated zings of pain.  I have no idea how this happened.  It was embarrassing.  But the next time I go, I'm downing some major caffeine first.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...