Adventures through pregnancy and parenthood

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, September 20, 2010

Honesty and Manners

Phew!  It has been a busy couple of weeks!  No time for blogging!  In Virginia, we don't start school until the Tuesday after Labor Day, and the beginning of the year is always a hectic time.  Add to that the fact that I have been out of town the past two weekends (so that's every weekend since we started)--I am definitely ready to get back to a normal schedule this weekend. 

Anyway, I have a feeling that my students will be the source of some amusement for the blog.  Take this story, for example.   

Two days after school began I had to leave an hour early for yet another ultrasound appointment.  I explained to the kids that I was going to a doctor's appointment, which, as usual, had them concerned.  The kids always get worried when their teacher has to go to the doctor.  I assured them that I wasn't sick, the doctor just wanted to take a picture of the baby to make sure she was growing okay.  "What baby?"  they wanted to know.   I replied, "Well, the baby in my belly of course!" 

They were completely flabbergasted that I had a baby in my stomach.  "A baby?  There's a baby in there? You're having a baby?" they asked in disbelief. 

"Why, yes!  Did you think that I was just fat?"  I wanted to know.  A little sheepishly, one of the girls replied, "Well, we would never actually tell you that."  

At least they're polite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...